Tuesday, May 19, 2009

"Baby Readying" our Home







When preparing for Nolan's arrival my wife informed me of a few changes that we needed to make around the home. 1) My blessed "Tar Heel" room was going to have to be deconstructed and turned into Nolan's nursery and 2) Carpet under the dining room table was not going to cut it when he starts eating at the table with us.
I definitely agreed that #2 had to happen. Vacuuming and cleaning the carpet once per day did not sound very appealing but #1 just didn't quite make sense to me. We were having a boy and the room was already light blue. We were also having a little Tar Heel fan so wouldn't he love to have his room already decorated in Tar Heel apparel? A resounding "no" was the answer.
We have a picture of our kitchen in destruct mode and also a picture with the finished tile in the kitchen and dining area. Being the very unhandy handyman that I am our good friend JP helped us with the kitchen. He did a great job laying the tile and I did a great job handing him tiles and glasses of water throughout the project.
Grandpa Steve came up to help us with the nursery. He painted over the beautiful Carolina blue walls but I have to admit that it ended up looking really good!



No comments:

Post a Comment